Popsicles are an easy, healthy, summer treat that everyone loves. Fruit is plentiful, in-season and extremely high in antioxidants and vitamins your body craves this time of year.
My 7-year old daughter is a huge watermelon fan and she loves lemonade. These popsicles are for her! I combined fresh watermelon puree with organic lemonade, poured over freshly sliced organic fruit to create the perfect chilled treat.
If you have leftover puree, freeze it into an ice cube tray for a wonderful treat to add to cold drinks.
Use organic ingredients whenever possible. Remember, berries have a very high pesticide content if conventionally grown. I used these popsicle molds with my own sticks. I’m getting really good use out of them!
- 1 cup watermelon puree (cut up freshly cut watermelon and blend in blender)
- 1/2 to 1 cup lemonade (freshly squeezed preferred and sweetened with honey)
- Sliced fruit of choice - watermelon, strawberries, blackberries, grapes, etc.
- Place sliced fruit into popsicle molds.
- Combine watermelon puree and lemonade and pour over fruit into molds.
- Insert popsicle stick, place into freezer and freeze for at least 4 hours.
What’s your favorite popsicle flavor combo?