We LOVE sourdough pancakes in my house! We have so much sourdough starter so I’ve been making different “flavored” pancakes almost daily using the same base recipe. No matter what I throw into it, I always get beautiful, fluffy pancakes. It really is awesome!
Some of our favorites are:
- Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- 2 cups sourdough starter
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 TBS maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Add-ins: 1 cup of any fruit, fresh or frozen
- Can also add nuts, chocolate chips, coconut, etc
- Put all the ingredients in a blender including the fruit unless you are using blueberries.
- If batter is too thin, add a little flour to thicken. I use Einkorn flour.
- Blend and cook on heated, buttered griddle.
- Serve with maple syrup and pastured butter.
Shared at Simple Meals Friday.