- 1/3 C. Olive oil, butter or ghee
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, sliced into thick rings or roughly chopped
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced
- ¼ pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green or red pepper, seeds removed and cut into rings or roughly chopped
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and diced
- 4 firm tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ C. fresh chopped parsley
- ½ tsp. oregano or tarragon
- 2 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup or more grated parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper to taste
- Heat ghee in a large frying pan and sauté garlic and onion until onions are limp.
- Add zucchini, mushrooms and pepper and sauté a few minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and add the eggplant and tomatoes, parsley, oregano, basil and vegetable seasoning.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a casserole dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve at once.
- It can also be served cold along with dark bread and cheese.
What’s your favorite way to use up extra squash and eggplant?
This post contains affiliate links.