Mother’s Day is almost here, do you know how you’re celebrating the mom in your life? Ditch the floral tablecloth idea and get mom what she really wants- a fresh fillet of salmon and some delicious Real Food Outlawssides!
Salmon is a multi-faceted fish, known for being quite healthful because of its high content of protein, omega-3’s and vitamin D. Mom will be glad to know you’re watching out for her taste buds and her health!
For a simple, yet flavorful salmon recipe try our Mustard Chili Salmon. This recipe features a rich salmon fillet drizzled with a spicy mustard sauce with a hint of sweet brown sugar. Both sweet and spicy- just like mom! Your mom will be so impressed she’ll totally forget she ever wanted those boring gardening gloves.
Mustard Chili Salmon
Total Time: 15 Minutes
4 6 oz salmon fillets (skin on)
Mustard Chili Sauce
1 cup coarse mustard
½ cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp chili powder
2 Tbsp cold tap water
Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all mustard ingredients in small saucepan, heat to dissolve sugar and then cool.
- While sauce is cooling heat cleaned grill to medium-high heat and carefully oil grates (lightly).
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and place on grill skin side up.
- Grill for 2 minutes ensuring fillet does not stick when turned. Turn ¼ turn (on a diagonal) and continue to grill for 2 minutes.
- Turn fillet over and finish cooking, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Plate and drizzle sauce over fillet.