Dinner tonight. It was quick and easy. It was good. So good, in fact that there’s nothing left but a few pieces of cornbread.
The green bean recipe is one that I use on holidays except that for everyday dinners I make it with frozen green beans and dried thyme. The sourdough cornbread recipe is available in GNOWFGLINS Sourdough A-Z ebook. Definitely recommend! Here’s the recipe for the Marinara Cod. It’s basically cod with an Italian twist.
- 3 or more pieces of wild-caught Alaskan cod (I used frozen)
- 1 TBS Ghee (or butter)
- 1 can of organic diced tomatoes (Muir Glen or Trader Joe’s for BPA-free cans)
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 cup homemade or store-bought bread crumbs (omit for GF)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Place the cod in a glass baking dish.
- Drain most of the liquid out of the tomatoes and put them in a mixing bowl.
- Add ghee, garlic, salt, pepper, basil, breadcrumbs, and cheese to tomatoes.
- Spoon on top of cod.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
Shared at Seafood Frenzy Friday!