I recently tried mango pineapple salsa for the first time and was hooked! I honestly thought it would be gross but was quite pleasantly surprised. It’s like my Fruit Salsa except spicier:) I like it with chips or just by itself like a spicy fruit salad. It kind of reminds of my Garlic Lemonade with its sweet and spicy flavor.
I went to work trying to copy the recipe from the ingredients on the container. It’s fairly easy when everything is fresh and there are no additives that I can’t pronounce. You may have to play with the proportions depending on how much of the end product you need or what your tastes are. You can spice it up or take it down a notch by adding more or less of the jalapeno.
I’m not a huge fan of cilantro, but I make myself eat it so I learn to like it. I know, weird but it is one of those herbs that I really want to love!!! If you absolutely can’t stand it, replace it with flat leaf parsley. That’s what I used to do.
Feel free to mix and match your bell pepper colors. Red looks nice as a contrast to the yellow/orange of the pineapple and mango. Green peppers would look nice but tend to be bitter.
Please use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- 1 fresh mango
- 1/2 half fresh pineapple
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 - 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 red onion
- 1-3 cloves crushed garlic
- handful of cilantro or flat-leaf parsley (chopped)
- Juice of one lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and chop the fruit and veggies into bite-sized pieces and place into a medium bowl.
- Add the crushed garlic, chopped cilantro and lime juice.
- Mix well and let sit either in the fridge or on the counter (covered) for awhile to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with your favorite non-GMO chips!
Paired with your favorite organic or homemade tortilla chips, this stuff is awesome!
Be nourished. Be happy.