I’m a huge fan of quick meals. I have four kids, I homeschool and I also work from home full time. This grass-fed red wine steak with caramelized mushrooms recipe is one that I have made throughout my marriage…so going on 16 years now! It’s a favorite of my husband’s and can be on the table in 30 minutes.
I find my grass-fed beef locally but if you can’t, Tropical Traditions carries it.
- 3-4 grass-fed ribeye or t-bone steaks
- 1 large chopped onion (I use red onion)
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms - any variety (I use white button and cremini)
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup red wine (I like Cabernet Savignon)
- Butter, ghee or coconut oil for the pan
- In a large skillet, melt fat.
- Sprinkle mushrooms and onions with salt and pepper and saute for about a minute.
- Season both sides of each steak and place them in the skillet with the vegetables.
- Cook 7-10 minutes per side depending on desired doneness.
- Add broth to deglaze pan and then the wine.
- Allow liquid to reduce so the mushrooms (and onions) caramelize.
- Once the steak has reached your desired doneness, remove everything from skillet onto a serving plate.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes and a salad.
Be nourished. Be happy.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy steak?
Note: If you are vegan or vegetarian, this recipe is obviously not for you. I respect your dietary choices and I expect you to respect mine. Please refrain from commenting. Thanks!