It’s peach season!
In years past, if I wasn’t canning them (learn how to can peaches without sugar here), I was making things like peach tart, or peach pie crock pot oatmeal with them. Now that I’m grain free (and loving the possibilities) I am always looking for ways to use them up in grain free recipes.
Grain free peach bread with cinnamon and cardamom is a variation of my other grain free breads on the blog: zucchini, banana, and blueberry. It’s a great base recipe and so far has been very versatile.
I’m fortunate to have access to spray-free peaches and lots of them. Peaches are high in pesticides if grown conventionally so be sure to look for organic or no-spray when purchasing.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 TBS Great Lakes Gelatin Hydrosylate (optional)
- 4 eggs (or 4 heaping tablespoons of chia seeds soaked in water as an egg substitute)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or butter, melted
- 4 TBS applesauce
- 2 TBS - 1/3 cup maple syrup (I use organic, Grade B), or raw honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I like Real Salt)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 cup peaches (cut into bite-sized cubes) plus extra sliced for top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and add wet ingredients one by one.
- Add peaches last.
- Stir well after each addition.
- Let mixture sit for at least five minutes.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes to an hour, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for at least 15 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
- This bread will be crumbly so handle gently when transferring and slicing.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator.
We usually eat this for breakfast but it makes a great snack as well. It’s great to make the night before for a quick morning breakfast.
I love the subtle taste of cardamom in this recipe. It’s perfectly balanced by the peaches and cinnamon. It’s great paired with bacon and a glass of raw milk!
Be nourished. Be happy.