I’m super excited to have Jamie from How to Just About Anything guest post for us today! Read more about her after her awesome DIY Hard Lotion Bars post which we’ve included in the 12 Days of Christmas DIY Blog Hop!
Essential Oils For Skin
Tea Tree – good for acne, dermatitis, eczema, rashes, sunburn
Lavender – useful for dry skin, itchy skin, stretch marks, wrinkles
Frankincense – helps prevent scarring, wrinkles
Geranium – useful for dry skin, diaper rash, wrinkles
Helichrysum – reduces scarring, wrinkles
Myrrh – good for chapped dry skin, stretch marks, wrinkles
Roman chamomile– useful for dry skin
Sandalwood – useful for dry skin, wrinkles
Herbs for Skin
Calendula – useful for eczema, psoriasis, sunburns, burns, inflamed skin
Plantain – useful for eczema, psoriasis, rashes, damaged skin
Comfrey– useful for eczema, psoriasis, diaper rash, burns, and sores.
If you’re infusing the coconut oil with herbs, see how I do it here.
- 1 part shea butter (I use 1.5 oz)
- 1 part beeswax
- 1 part coconut oil
- Essential oils of choice (optional)
- Herbs of choice (optional)
- Muffin tin with liners or molds (I use one like these)
- Add all ingredients, except for essential oils, into a double boiler (I use a glass bowl on top of a sauce pan).
- Stir occasionally with a metal spoon until everything has melted.
- Remove from the heat and add your essential oils. I like adding 10 drops per 1 oz.
- Give this a quick stir and immediately pour into your molds. Let cool at room temperature until solid.
- For easy removal put them in the freezer for about 10 minutes before popping them out. Don’t leave them in for long though otherwise they’ll split.
I like putting these into little organza gift bags to giveaway. These tins are a great way to store the bars as well, especially when toting them around in your purse.
Jamie writes about diy projects, healthy recipes and natural living on her blog, How To Just About Anything. She attended Grace College for journalism and is currently enrolled in natural health courses. She runs her own bodycare business and is the development director for A’amarna Toothpaste. Come say hi on her Facebook page, follow her on Pinterest, or check out her blog!