Peaches are still in season here and I was able to get a box of “seconds” last week. I’ve been busy making peachy things and these cream cheese baked peaches were our breakfast the other morning. We do things real around here so these were made with completely unrefined ingredients.
They are delicious, easy to make and even the kiddos liked them! That’s always a plus!
You can purchase cream cheese or make your own. Here’s a great recipe from The Prairie Homestead and one from The Elliott Homestead. Need a dairy free version? Here’s one from Primal Kitchen and another from The Spunky Coconut and one more from Healthy Living How-To. I like giving lots of choices! You could also substitute creme fraiche for the cream cheese.
I used coconut sugar but you could also use raw honey in the cream cheese.
- 6 peaches
- 1/4 cup plus 3 TBS coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 TBS cinnamon
- 2 TBS pastured butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 1 pastured egg yolk
- 8 oz cream cheese, creme fraiche or mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (I like homemade)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine 3 TBS coconut sugar with 1 TBS of cinnamon.
- Cut peaches in half, remove pits, place in a baking dish, melt butter and brush with melted butter using a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle peaches with coconut sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Mix egg yolk, cream cheese, coconut sugar, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl.
- Fill peach centers with cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.
I love that we are still enjoying fresh peaches in October! Do you still have peaches where you live?