Are you looking for a beautiful, functional, aromatic, easy-to-make gift for someone who is difficult to buy for? These citrus-rose bath salts are all those things and so much more! They are so simple to make yet a complete luxury experience! Sounds like a pretty good sales pitch!
Baths are very therapeutic and health-promoting. They help pull toxins out of your body and send nutrients like magnesium (which most people are deficient in), herbs or essential oils into your pores. This is great for boosting the immune system, calming frazzled nerves and healing through aromatherapy. Make sure you have a shower filter to take the chlorine out of your water or you’ll be sending *that* straight to your organs. You can find good filters and water softeners here: http://watersoftenerguide.com/fleck-5600sxt-review-best-water-softener-system
If you’ve got 5 minutes you can make this.
All you need are these ingredients that can easily be sourced online at Mountain Rose Herbs, Amazon and some local stores. Click on each ingredient link for purchasing suggestions.
- Course or fine sea salt
- Epsom salts or magnesium flakes
- Rose petals (dried)
- Orange peel (dried)
- Citrus essential oil (like orange, grapefruit or tangerine…I use this brand)
- Rose essential oil (totally optional, it will smell awesome without it…I use this brand)
- 3 cups course or fine sea salt
- 1 cup epsom salts or magnesium flakes
- 1/2-3/4 cup rose petals
- 1/4-1/2 orange peel
- 20 drops citrus essential oil
- 5-10 drops rose essential oil (optional)
- Blend all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Spoon into decorative, airtight jars.
- Place a scoop (approx. 1/4 cup) in your bath water.
- Enjoy a nice, warm bath and take some you time!
- Don't allow rose petals and orange peels to go down the drain.
This post contains affiliate links.