My oldest daughter, Cassidy enjoys baking. This pumpkin chocolate cookie recipe has been a favorite of hers since she was 7 years old. Back in 2008 it was published the 1st Holistic Moms Network cookbook, “Growing Healthy Families – Cooking with Holistic Moms”. We make them every fall…multiple times!
There are many different flours you can use to make these little delights. I used sprouted Einkorn flour for these. Here is where I get my Einkorn wheat berries to sprout and grind into flour. I like baking with Einkorn. It reminds me of pastry flour. Need grain-free? Here’s a coconut flour version for you. For a another fantastic Paleo version of these cookies, visit Paleo Running Mama! This is the recipe we use now that we are mostly paleo/keto.
Pumpkins aren’t quite ready for picking here yet so I used organic pumpkin puree. I like this brand in the BPA-Free can.
For the chocolate chips, Cass chose mini from this brand. They’re soy-free.
- 1 cup organic canned pumpkin or fresh pumpkin puree
- 1 cup rapadura, sucanat, coconut sugar, or evaporated cane juice
- 1/2 cup unsalted, pastured butter (softened)
- 2 cups organic, sprouted Einkorn flour (or substitute)
- 1 tsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. real salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix sweetener, pumpkin, and butter with a hand or stand mixer.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and soda, spice and salt.
- Add chocolate chips and fold into batter.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment paper or Silpat-lined cookie sheets
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or a couple minutes more until slightly golden-brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately with a metal spatula.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
These cookies are soft and best eaten within a few days. They go perfect with a glass of raw milk, organic coffee, or herbal tea!
Enjoy, from our home to yours!
This post contains affiliate links. Purchases made through these links don’t cost you any extra but Amazon will provide me with a small commission. This helps keep more awesome blog posts coming! Thank you for your support!