Breakfast is my absolute favorite meal of the day to prepare! I homeschool my kids so we have leisurely breakfasts on the mornings we don’t have co-op or somewhere to be. I really enjoy the luxury of letting the kids have time in the morning to eat that healthy first-meal-of-the-day.
I try not to be too grain-heavy *every* morning. Sourdough pancakes are a staple around here as are eggs and bacon. Banana Fritters are really just a combo of pancakes and eggs if you think about it. Since we love banana pancakes, banana fritters are a fast favorite!
I got the basic idea from Cara over at Health Home and Happiness. I love her blog and all her amazing grain-free recipes! I thought that bananas and eggs wouldn’t go together by themselves but the really do! It is such a simple recipe to make and great for when you are short on time.
- 3 very ripe bananas - think banana-bread quality
- 6 pastured eggs
- Pinch of salt (I like Real Salt)
- butter, ghee, lard, coconut oil, or palm oil
- pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg
- Mash bananas in a medium-sized bowl.
- Beat eggs and add to bowl.
- Heat griddle or skillet and melt about 1 TBS of fat of choice when it's hot.
- Ladle batter onto hot griddle to make small or medium-sized fritters.
- Flip fritters once they are set and allow to cook on other side.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with maple syrup.
This recipe and many other wonderful grain-free recipes are available in Cara’s eBook, The Best of Grain-Free Meal Plans, Volume 1.
This post includes affiliate links. I make a small commission on purchases made through these links. Thank you for your support!