- 1 3/4 cups sprouted einkorn, spelt or wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt (I like Real Salt)
- 1 tsp organic, ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups mashed, ripe, organic bananas (about 4)
- 2/3 cups maple syrup (grade b has more minerals)
- 1/3 cup softened organic coconut oil
- 2/3 cups non-dairy (or regular if you're not vegan) chocolate chips
- 1/2 walnuts (we don't use these in ours)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Prepare 12 cup muffin tray with papers or a light coating of coconut oil.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Add mashed banana, syrup, and oil.
- Stir just until all flour is absorbed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips (and nuts if using).
- Portion the batter into muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Makes 12 muffins.