November was a glorious month! It was a month of new beginnings for me as I embarked on new adventures with my blog and in my studies as a master herbalist and nutritional response therapist. More to come on all that in a future post!
In the meantime, I learned a whole lot again this month from my friends around the blogging world. There were so many new recipes and amazing information to absorb!
- I learned how to make 50 real food condiments and soaked banana bread from Natural Family Today.
- Little Owl Crunchy Momma shared how to wash cloth diapers and her amazing whole wheat peanut butter cookies.
- I learned how to stick with my healthy eating plan with three common kitchen appliances and bookmarked these Thanksgiving side dishes for next year from The Organic Kitchen.
- I learned why sustainability is so important, why everyone should do karate and got some Dorm eating: quick easy meals tips from How We Flourish.
- This why I stopped taking fermented cod liver oil article intrigued me and and I am saving this soft and fluffy organic spelt bread recipe for when I am eating grains again. I’m making this Sweet potato and tomato soup from An Organic Wife for lunch this week!
- I was very happy to read these 10 benefits of cooking with kids because I often cook with mine, and these Crispy asparagus fries and Grain free coconut flour pancakes from Yummy Inspirations look fantastic!
- I’d never had a Sweet Omelette before so I’m game, and I loved this refreshing article on how to eat sustainably in 5 simple steps. If you don’t know there’s a difference between grass fed vs grain fed beef and why it matters, you can find out from The Urban Ecolife.
- Since I drink bone broth daily, this Complete guide to bone broth was a great read. I’d never heard of Fitspiration before but now I know what’s wrong with it on Pinterest from Mindful Meals.
- Wellness remedies are right up my ally so I committed to memory Nature’s flu shot, 10 best all natural remedies for acne and Honey and cinnamon cure for colds from Health Extremist
- A letter to the weary family on food stamps, you deserve to eat well from My Humble Kitchen was very touching.
- More fun with kids with kid friendly fondue and strawberry flummery (I know you’re dying to find out what that is!) and a fun future project, building a home for pollinator bees from Watermelons Grow.
- Feeding a family in the middle of nowhere is something I haven’t experienced yet and I got to dream about what it would look like If I could have just one room from Authentic Parenting.
- I got my Little House on the Prairie on with Evening chores at Blue Yurt Farms.
- Shaved Brussels sprouts with macadamia nuts and grain free ginger snaps from Real Food Whole Health are on our menu along with Coconut Love Pumpkin Pie Bars, Spicy fermented daikon radish, Sourdough Spelt Honey Carrot Cake from Nourishing Time, and Chicken Enchilada Soup from All Things Health.
- This Two ingredient green glass cleaner from Girl Meets Nourishment saves me some time on housework!
- Curried cream of kale and coconut soup from Ravenous Venus sounds heavenly!
- DIY Laundry Detergent from Live Essentially and this DIY nail oil recipe from Actual Organics are simple ways to save money.
- Achieving Umami in Vegetarian Dishes intrigues me and How I beat my soda addiction from Living in the Maritimes is something I’d like to give a high-five for!
Until next time…
Be nourished. Be happy.