Sweet potatoes and yams are my favorite vegetables. We eat them in my home a lot! They are turned into sweet potato fries, mashed sweet potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, etc. etc.
There are many benefits to using coconut sugar over other sugars. Over at Health Starts in the Kitchen is 10 reasons to love coconut sugar! It really is a great alternative to white sugar especially.
This is another quick and easy side dish that can be embellished if desired but it’s quite fabulous the way it is.
- 2-4 organic sweet potatoes or yams (cubed)
- 1/4-1/2 cup organic butter or ghee
- 1/2-1 tsp ground cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 1/2 TBS coconut sugar (to taste)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Heat butter or ghee in skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add cubed sweet potatoes or yams and coat with the butter in the pan.
- Add salt, cinnamon and sugar and allow to caramelize, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
What is your favorite way to eat sweet potatoes or yams?