One thing I missed from my former non-real-food life was buffalo wings. Most conventional sauces contain corn-derived ingredients like corn syrup and maltodextrin. These ingredients are most likely GMO.
Like with most foods, even buffalo wings can be real foodified! I don’t miss them anymore because I can make them myself! Now you can too!
I found good quality chicken wings locally but if you have trouble finding some where you are, this will work with drumsticks too. Just increase the cooking time. You could even use the sauce on a whole chicken. How yummy would that be?!?
The great thing about making your own is that you control the heat. I made these less spicy so that my little ones could eat them. Want them spicier? Add more cayenne.
This is a quick and easy dinner. It will be on your table in no more than 30 minutes!
- 3 lbs chicken wings (buffalo-style wings)
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 TBS raw honey
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 TBS raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 - 1 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Salt - to taste (I add 1/2 to 1/2 tsp)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place wings on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, turning once in the middle of cooking time.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter.
- Add spices, garlic, vinegar and honey.
- Be careful not to let the garlic burn.
- Remove cooked wings from oven, toss with sauce and serve.
We liked these so much that I bought more wings to make them again this weekend! I hope you like them too!
What’s one food you miss most since changing you real food? Tell us in comments.
This post contains affiliate links.