‘Tis the season for pumpkin everything! I thought I would start out my pumpkin recipe posting with a delicious recipe for pumpkin pie coconut flour pancakes. They’re grain-free, gluten-free, and paleo friendly. These are really good! They are fluffy and taste like pumpkin pie! The recipe makes 12, 2-inch pancakes and can easily be doubled.
You can use fresh pumpkin puree but I didn’t have any so I used organic canned pumpkin puree. This brand comes in a BPA-free can. Here is a super easy recipe for making fresh pumpkin puree in the crock pot!
Pumpkin pie spice (learn to make it here) and vanilla (learn to make it here) are what really make these pancakes taste like pumpkin pie! Coconut flour is a great option for those who are grain-free, gluten-free or who just want something a little different! Topped with a little whipped cream and extra pumpkin pie spice makes it even better! You can use coconut cream if you’re dairy-free. Mine are topped with maple syrup! I like to sweeten the pancakes with raw honey as well as the whipped cream, or use coconut sugar, evaporated cane juice, or sucanat.
*Click on the links in the above paragraph to see where to purchase ingredients online.
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 4 pastured eggs
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 TBS raw honey
- Mix flour and eggs in a medium-sized bowl and blend well.
- Add all other ingredients, mix and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Check for clumps and break up with a fork.
- Heat and grease griddle with butter or coconut oil.
- Ladle small amounts of batter onto griddle - make 2-inch pancakes for best results.
- Cook about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup or homemade whipped cream (dairy or coconut milk).
*This post contains affiliate links. Clicking on this links does not cost you anything but purchases made through these links provide me with a small commission. This helps me very much! Thank you for your support!