I love making my own salad dressing. It’s quick, easy and tastes so much better than store bought varieties. This is my go-to dressing recipe. I adapted it from a recipe over at The Nourishing Gourmet. I wanted something that used apple cider vinegar. I am always looking for ways to get more of it into my family’s diet.
If fresh herbs are in season, feel free to use them. It makes this even better!
If you don’t have fresh herbs on-hand, dried herbs work just fine. Because my little ones eat this I only put one clove of garlic. If you like more of a kick, add two or three cloves. I like using both regular Dijon mustard and coarse mustard or whole grain Dijon. The addition of raw honey is really what makes this dressing perfect, in my opinion.
- Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- 1 cup high quality, organic olive oil
- 1/2 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBS, or more raw honey
- 1 TBS Dijon mustard
- 1 TBS coarse/whole grain mustard
- 1-3 gloves fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried basil or 1 tsp fresh
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme or 1 tsp fresh
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Place everything in a blender or food processor and mix until creamy.
- Serve on salads or as a marinade.
- Store in refrigerator.