It’s a pumpkin palooza over here! We went pumpkin picking at our local organic farm last week and my kids each picked out a pumpkin. We got a few of the regular orange ones plus some cool looking ones!
I’ve been wanting to try curry pumpkin fries so I cut up one of the orange pumpkins and went to town!
- 1/4 of a pumpkin - any variety
- 1 pastured egg
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- 2 TBS curry powder
- 1/4 tsp real salt
- Cut pumpkin into manageable pieces and peel.
- Cut into fries, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Beat egg in a large bowl and toss with fries.
- Mix spices and salt.
- Either dredge fries in spice mix or toss with egg mixture.
- Place in single layer on cookie sheet and drop coconut oil over a few sections of cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes, turning once in the middle of cooking time.
- Test for doneness.
- Carefully remove from cookie sheet with a spatula.
- Serve hot.
Be careful not to overcook these or they will get mushy and fall apart. You could alternatively fry them in lard, tallow or coconut oil if preferred.
My kids were on a play date when I made these but my husband and I polished off a whole tray by ourselves! They were really good!
This content will be shown after all post